A Good Man is Hard to Find

 


For this blog, I'm going to focus on "A Good Man is Hard to Find," both the story and Lego short film I was forced to watch my Junior year of High School. When we were talking about this story in class, the only thing I could think of was this video.


It was probably the funniest thing I've ever had to watch, but it stayed true to the story. I think they even kept all the dialogue and stuff too. When I first read this for our class, I genuinely didn't remember it and then for some odd reason, it clicked in the middle of class. My thing is, how did I forget the name "The Misfit?" Like I had to be so brain dead that night, when I read it, to just not remember it. I think the story itself is very interesting. It's weird, but in a good way, like I want to know more about The Misfit and how he came to be. I imagine he came from an awful family, and they treated him like garbage, so that it gave him a little bit of a sad meaning behind his actions. But he also acts like he doesn't care at all (like at ALL), so he probably came from a good family, but was accidentally dropped on his head as a child (I know that can mess people up). I also think the grandma was a total prick. Like she SUCKED!!!! Genuinely hated her character so much, and I hope her family gets some type of redemption arc (even though it was their choice to go to Florida, the only thing I have against them). The grandma was just so annoying, and I feel like her death was justified, she totally had it coming. 

I highly recommend watching the Lego version of this story if you have time, it's so funny and makes me laugh. It's probably just the fact that it's Legos that makes me laugh. I bet if it was actual people, I wouldn't be laughing. 

Comments

Popular Posts