Final Blog

For my final blog, I want to go through everything we've read and rate them all. Solely because I love rating things and I think it'll be funny.

1. The Grasshopper and Bell Cricket
    This is first because I thought it was super cute and it made me smile was reading it.
2. Barbie
    I did this for my oral presentation, and it just struck out to me immediately. Loved it!
3. Recitatif
    I just love the author's writing style and this one grabbed my attention!!!
4. A Rose for Emily
    It was a little morbid and very weird. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I do.
5. The Story of an Hour
    This was had such a twist, and I like unexpected twists!
6. Wildwood
    No words, was so invested in this.
7. The Yellow Wallpaper
    I loved the interpretation of mental health in this. It was so interesting to me.
8. Hills like White Elephants 
    This one was weird, but I still enjoyed it a lot!!
9. My Papa's Waltz
    This one was just sad, but I feel like I could sympathize with the author, as if they went through it.
10. Interpreter of Maladies
    Still can't believe she cheated on her husband. Like what????
11. A&P
    I still think it's just funny that he quit and thought it would make his boss stop kicking the girls out. Like is he stupid???
12. A Raisin in the Sun
    I just loved the storytelling and the film was amazing
13. Trifles
    I loved the women in this play!!! They were honestly iconic 
14. A Good Man is Hard to Find
    This is only here for the Lego short film
15. Hamlet
    I enjoyed it, but not as much as the others. I still think Shakespeare should've investigated Ophelia's personality more.
16. Sex without Love
    The imagry in this poem really set me off to be honest. It was still a good poem.
17. London
    I feel like anytime that someone writes about London, it's described as gloomy and sad, and I don't like that. Even though it makes perfect sense for when this poem was written
18. The Flea
    I did not like this at all. It was weird, but not in a good way, AT ALL!!!
19. To His Coy Mistress
    Didn't like this one either, it just didn't sit right with me for some reason.
20. Cathedral
     This was just okay, it didn't stick out to me and was boring. I don't like that the husband was judgy towards the wife's blind best friend :(.
21. Araby
    I just didn't like the flow of this one, nothing bad about it though.
22. 20/20
    Same thing with Araby, it just wasn't my speed, which is fine.
23. Dover Beach
    The imagry was cool, just not very interested in it and I didn't really understand the point.
24. We Real Cool
    What was this about? I don't remember and it's so hard to understand
25. All of the other poems from the second day fit right here. They just weren't that interesting to me and I didn't enjoy them.

Now with that being said, I loved the two films we watched in class, Rear Window and A Raisin in the Sun, were both amazing. Fun fact: My dad had to watch Rear Window in his film class in college, he also enjoyed it. 

Comments

Popular Posts